We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
A church was mentioned on the site in the Domseday Book. The earliest part of the church is the nave (1125-1150). The church was completely remodelled in 1895-7 by Mrs Thorold in the High Anglican style. The architect John Loughborough Pearson was responsible and he also was responsible for Truro Cathedral and St John's Cathedral in Brisbane Australia. Robert Hope Jones was commissioned to provide an electric organ for the church, which is still played today.
The reordering of the church was not to everybody's taste and in 1900 a group of Low Church Kensities cycled out from Grantham to smash the Sanctuary lamps. The village resisted their attack with rotten eggs and over ripe tomatoes. A revolver was taken from the raiding party which was subsequently handed over to the police in 1955.
A peal of 5 bells (originally from Aisthorpe, Lincolnshire) was installed in the tower in 2008 and are now rung regularly for services.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below