One of "Five in the Fen".
This is a "Fen Chapel".
Our Mission: Together in Christ. Called to love, to worship and to serve God.
Saint Margaret of Scotland Church was built in 1828, probably by Jeptha Pacey, but was not dedicated until 20 April 1922. It is a Grade II listed building and was restored and altered in 1885. The registers of births and deaths date from 1831, and those of marriages from 1837. The church was restored again and redecorated in 1935, and further work was carried out in 1968. The church is a grade II listed building with British Heritage. The church seats 200.
Today, the church forms part of the Brothertoft Group, in the Diocese of Lincoln, also known as 'Five in the Fen', which also includes:
St Gilbert of Sempringham, Brothertoft
All Saints, Holland Fen
Christ Church, Kirton Holme
St Peter, Wildmore
The Brothertoft Group (5 churches) and The Sibsey and Carrington Group (4 churches) have one vicar. Services take place at all churches on a regular basis each month when the churches are open. Visitors are always welcome. Services are also led by lay readers and licensed lay preachers, other guest priests as well as Methodist ministers from time to time. Remembrance Services are also organised in November in conjunction with the Royal British Legion. Baptisms, confirmation, weddings, blessings, funerals, burial and interment of ashes may be arranged by the deceased’s loved ones by contacting the Vicar or by contacting the Churchwardens.