Church of England Diocese of Liverpool Wigan East (Chapelfields)

Our School

The original school building was built in 1883 and located on Warrington Road, just down the road from the church. It was paid for by the Chadwick family and named after St John. In 1979 the school was rebuilt on a new site in Simpkin Street. The date stone from the original building is now located in the garden at church. The church and school work in partnership to provide a Christian education in all we do. The distinctive Christian nature of our school is evident across all areas of learning. Religious Education is provided within the timetable according to the Liverpool Diocesan syllabus and worship takes place regularly in both church and school. Our school is part of The Keys Federation, a group of schools working together to ensure all children in Abram, Hindley and Hindley Green achieve their full potential. One of the main admission criteria for entrance to St John’s C. of E. Primary School is regular church attendance. Visit the school website for further information and for the latest school news. 

Visit our school website