These events occur regularly throughout the calendar year.
St Mary's Platt
A service of Bible readings, preaching, prayers and music.
Our zoom services continue alongside recordings available online and playing in church during the day. If you would like the zoom details please message this site. Our service sheet is attached.
Morning prayer (Monday to Saturday)
A service of bible readings and prayers following Church of England Comon Worship
Morning Prayer daily at 9.30 at https://zoom.us/j/2749958875 the password is worship
If you don't want to be visible or audible please adjust your video and microphone settings appropriately. If you join slightly early I can help with this is you are unsure.
In Church and On Zoom Sunday Communion Service
Our zoom Communion Service will be this Sunday at 10.30am. Please message this site for details. The service sheet is attached below.
A recording of our worship is available on our website and facebook for anyone who would like to watch later.
I'm happy to post a paper copy of Phone In details to people who don't use computers so please have a word with anyone who comes to mind and ask if its OK to pass their details to me.
If you are zooming. you will be able to control whether you are seen and/or heard from your screen so do what is comfortable. Do remember that if you join with audio and video turned on, we will be able to see/hear what’s going on around you.
St Mary's Platt
A simple service of Bible Reading, prayers, music and a sermon that all the family can engage with.
If you would like to participate live via zoom please message this sight for details.
Our usual safety details follow below.
1. Please book a seat to avoid disappointment: Seating will be by household (including anyone in a support bubble with you.) Please could one person from your household/bubble phone Jan (up to Saturday morning) on 01732 884 417 to reserve seats. If you need to leave a message, please remember to include your name, contact number and the number of seats required… Up to 6 people from the same household/bubble can be seated together.
2. When you arrive at church please look for the number of your row as you enter at the South Door If a queue develops please respect the 2m distancing. A churchwarden will stand by to assist if necessary.
3. Masks are compulsory except for all those people who have a reason for exemption, and anyone delivering the 'up front' parts of the service. We do recognise that this may be a strange experience but the more we do this the less strange it will seem.
4. Please use sanitiser as you enter the church building The church sanitiser is available throughout the service but it may be more convenient for you to bring your own sanitiser for use during the service.
5. Your order of service will be on your seat, we will not be able to sing.
[6. Communion, for those who wish to receive, the bread with a drop of wine on it will be brought to your seats, please sanitise your hands in preparation to receive the bread and hold them out to indicate you would like to receive. Please wait until the priest has moved on before removing your mask to consume the wafer.]
7. At the end of the service please remain seated until the churchwarden indicates your exit is clear.
8. The plate for a retiring collection will be by the West Door.
9. The ladies toilets are a potential pinch point so if possible please use the accessible toilet. In an emergency the ladies will still be open but check no one is already in there. There will be a one-way circulation to reach the toilets entering through the Lady Chapel and returning through the Garden Room.
10. We cannot yet offer Explorers and therefore we can only welcome children into the main service to sit as part of a household group. We are asking those who intercess and preach to bear in mind there may be children and young people present. We can’t follow a normal family service model as this often involves movement and shared craft items but children are welcome to bring their own pens and our children’s sheet will be available.
11. NHS Test and Trace: we can only pass on your contact information as part of Test and Trace if you have given your permission. I have attached a form for anyone who would like to do this. There will be a box to post this in on your way out of church. Each form lasts for 3 weeks before we need to destroy the information. The test and trace QR code poster is also available.
12. For our zoom congregation, you will be able to control whether you are seen and/or heard from your screen so do what is comfortable. Do remember that if you join with audio and video turned on, we will be able to see/hear what’s going on around you. Our zoom services are recorded for people to watch later online.
Cafe Platt (Garden Room)
St Mary's Platt
Our community Cafe. Excellent cake. Refreshments paid for on a donation basis. A Quiz to get people talking.
As long as social distancing continues, numbers are limited, please message this site for details of how to book.