About UsWe are a church community comprising three villages stretched along the north downs in Kent.
The mother church, St Mary the Virgin in the village of Stansted is the centre of our acivities benefitting from a recent extension connected to the main church via a glazed link which includes toilet facilities, an Audio Visual display system and kitchenette. St Mary's church dates from the 14c and although being extensively refurbished in 1883, still has many of the original features.
The Church of the Holy Innocents in the village of Fairseat was built in 1930 as a chapel for the adjacent children's convalescent home, being given to the Church of England by the landowner St Sidney Waterlow in memory of his wife and family.
Vigo Church is held in Vigo village hall serving the people of Vigo Village, a moden rural development with a population of about 2000. Vigo church services are best described as lively with a music group, songs from Mision Praise and relaxed atmosphere.