Always a warm welcome for all ages at St Michael's. Stay after our service for coffee and conversation.
St Michael's is one of the seven churches in the Benefice of West Trent. Traditional churches with a strong sense of community and village life. Seasons are a strong focus with the farming featuring in many of our villages. Each church has it’s own Parochial Church Council and character. Many of the churches go back centuries and have historic artefacts.
Hoveringham Parish Church is dedicated to St Michael. It was erected in 1865 to replace a 14th century structure. Domesday Book records a church and a priest in the village in 1086. The continuity of the earliest building is maintained by the Norman tympanum over the north door and the contemporary font. An alabaster tomb also within the church dates from 1403 and depicts Sir Robert Goushill and his wife Elizabeth.