About UsHoveringham Parish Church is dedicated to St Michael. It was erected in 1865 to replace a 14th century structure. Domesday Book records a church and a priest in the village in 1086. The continuity of the earliest building is maintained by the Norman tympanum over the north door and the contemporary font. An alabaster tomb also within the church dates from 1403 and depicts Sir Robert Goushill and his wife Elizabeth.
The building was restored during the Victorian period by William Knight (1840 - 21 November 1923) was an English architect based in Nottingham. He also restored St Andrews, Mansfield Road Nottingham and St Johns in Bulwell.
St Michaels is located on Gonalston Lane, next to the village hall.