The Rector and PCC of St Mary's Belstead, Suffolk are committed to a safe church environment for everyone.
1. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. We commit ourselves to respectful care to all those to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of all people who may be vulnerable, whatever their age, and ensuring their well-being in the life of Belstead Parish.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. We commit ourselves to promoting inclusion and empowerment of all people within our parish.
6. We are all responsible in preventing the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and have a responsibility to listen to and act upon any disclosures/allegations/concerns of abuse. All concerns will be logged and reported to the Rector, the Safeguarding Co-ordinator or in urgent cases to the Bishop’s Child Protection Officer and/or the Police.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in selection of those who will work with vulnerable people.
8. Belstead PCC has adopted the safeguarding guidelines of the Church of England and this Diocese.
9. Each person who works with vulnerable people must agree to abide by these recommendations and guidelines and In the case of children those involved must attend appropriate child protection training and have a suitable DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check.
10.Non-compliance with this code of conduct will automatically mean that the
person will not work with vulnerable people within church activities.
Belstead Parish Safeguarding Officer is Barry Spring and can be contacted in case of any safeguarding concerns either by email [email protected] or 01473 730336