We would like to extend a very warm welcome to everyone who has recently moved into the village. If you are a regular churchgoer or an occasional visitor please come along, join us. We hold a regular monthly service, usually an informal service which includes hymns. You can always be sure of a warm welcome.
Who's who? - The Ministry Team
Rector - Reverend Annette Shannon
Reverend Donald Mehen (retired with PTO)
Reverend Tony Wilcox (retired with PTO)
Reader - Sandra Mehen
Reader - Peter Day
Lay Elder - Bary Spring
Church Warden - Richard Clift
<span style="font-size: 1rem;">Organist - Rhian Lovell</span>
The Rector and PCC of St Mary's Belstead, Suffolk are committed to a safe church environment for everyone.
1. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. We commit ourselves to respectful care to all those to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of all people who may be vulnerable, whatever their age, and ensuring their well-being in the life of Belstead Parish.
4. We commit ourselves to promote safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. We commit ourselves to promote the inclusion and empowerment of all people within our parish.
6. We are all responsible for preventing the physical, emotional, sexual, financial, and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and have a responsibility to listen to and act upon any disclosures/allegations/concerns of abuse. All concerns will be logged and reported to the Rector, the Safeguarding Co-ordinator, or in urgent cases to the Bishop’s Child Protection Officer and/or the Police.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection of those who will work with vulnerable people.
8. Belstead PCC has adopted the safeguarding guidelines of the Church of England and this Diocese.
9. Each person who works with vulnerable people must agree to abide by these recommendations and guidelines and In the case of children, those involved must attend appropriate child protection training and have a suitable DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check.
10. Non-compliance with this code of conduct will automatically mean that the
the person will not work with vulnerable people within church activities.
Belstead Parish Safeguarding Officer is Barry Spring and can be contacted in case of any safeguarding concerns either by email [email protected] or 01473 730336