Church of England Diocese of York St. Chad, York

Getting Married?

If you are thinking of getting married at St Chad's, please get in touch with our vicar, John Day (see the Get in Touch section) in the first instance.

If you live in the parish and are getting married in a different parish church, you will need to arrange for your Banns to be read at St Chad's. The application form is attached to this page. Please complete the relevant sections and send it the vicarage, 36 Campleshon Road, York, YO23 1EY, or pop it in the vicarage letter box. The fees are payable by cheque (PCC of St Chad's) or by bank transfer. Please contact us for our bank details if you would like the latter. A link the current Church of England fees is here. For 2021, we are obliged to charge £31 to have the Banns read, plus £15 to provide a certificate. A link to the website all about Church of England weddings is here.

Banns_of_Marriage_Application, DOCX