Welcome to St. Marwennes. Visitors will have already opened the magnificent original 15th century oak door and cannot help but notice that the floor on which they now stand is made from tens of thousands of pieces of slate on their edge. The older north aisle has unusual monolithic granite pillars dividing it from the nave and its medieval roof still has beautifully carved angels at the base of the rafters. Also not to be missed is the carved Jacobean pulpit and the ancient cresset stone beside the tower arch which once provided candle light and an element of warmth to the congregation. The tower contains a peal of 6 bells, mostly made by Rudhalls in 1772 and still rung every week.
Everyone is welcome not only to come inside to admire this beautiful building but to join in the services and the events which will be published in our magazine and on this website.