A Church built within a year! Mr George Mycock, a local farmer promised a quarter of an acre beside the main road in 1906, as a site of a Mission Church. Two months later – parishioners and friends had given or promised £83. 15. 0, and the building of the church had begun. By September it was reported that the church walls were complete and the roof nearly complete. Many people had promised various articles such as Altar, linen, seat, candlesticks, lamps and so on. On 19th October 1907 the Bishop of Lichfield, in the presence of a full church (many having to stand outside), dedicated the Mission Church to St Mary and St John.