Safeguarding at All Saints’ Madeley - "A Church Working Together to Ensure Everyone is Safe".
Keeping everyone safe at All Saints’
We want everyone connected with the life of All Saints’ to know that this is a safe place for all. This especially applies to children and vulnerable adults.
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or is at risk of harm, do not hesitate to contact the Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator or one of the church wardens for advice.
• The Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator is Sue Clifford. She may be contacted on 01630 647765
• The Church Wardens are Liz Walklett 750145 and Melanie Deacon 751781
"The All Saints' Child Protection Policy says ...."
• "As a church we aim to protect children/young people from all types of abuse as defined in “Working together to safeguard children”
As members of this parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely
We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.
We commit ourselves to…
• The safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.• Promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
• Promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
• Recruiting safely, following the recognised procedures.
• Supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people and adults who might be at risk.
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse. We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and of the diocese of Lichfield.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
All Saints’ is part of the Church of England’s Diocese of Lichfield. There is more information on their website. Just follow this link… https://www.lichfield.anglican.org/safeguarding/
The Diocese of Lichfield is part of the wider Church of England. Here is a link to the official Church of England Safeguarding Page…www.churchofengland.org/more/safeguarding
The leaflet ‘You will be listened to’ gives help and information about how to report abuse within the church. Here’s a link…‘You will be listened to’
All Saints’ full Policies & Procedures are on display in the Church porch, or may be obtained on request from the Co-ordinator (Sue Clifford) or the Vicar.