Church of England Diocese of Southwark St. John Belmont

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

(020) 8643 4656

Getting here

Belmont is an area of mixed housing on the southern outskirts of the London Borough of Sutton, centred on a village-like parade of shops, with a station and the church at either end. St John's is a Local Ecumenical Partnership. The building began as the Church of England parish church in 1915, completed in 1966; the nearby Methodist congregation moved in to share the building in the 1980's, and the worship and administration of the church have been joint since the mid-1990's. The church provides a wide range of social, study, and other activities, and seeks to provide a focus for the whole local community as well as for regular worshippers. To this end a community hall was built next to the church in 2002, and hosts a variety of activities for all ages.

Northdown Road
Sutton
SM2 6DY

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below