About Us

It is known that a church existed here about 1080, for the advowson (right of presenting an incumbent) was included in a grant made by William the Conqueror to the Abbey of Preaux in Normandy. Bishop Jocelyn of Salisbury (1142-84) notified the Abbot of Preaux that he could only present a parson with the consent of Nicholas, son of Torold, whose family appears to have given its name to the village.

Read More