St Thomas

St Thomas aims to be a hub for its neighbourhood: a place where people can come together, learn, find support, build community, have fun, and where those of all faiths and none can feel welcome. We have plenty of space at our church, indoors and outdoors. We want that space to be used by local people, especially for projects and events that serve the common good or help the most disadvantaged and excluded. 

Get in touch

St Thomas's Church

Charlton United Benefice
St Thomas House
Maryon Road

Our website

What's on

Julian Hour - contemplative prayer

Every Tuesday at for 1 hour
St Thomas
Maryon Road Charlton London, SE7 8EW, United Kingdom

St. Thomas Julian Corner

St. Julian of Norwich was called to be an Anchoress; called by God to anchor the worries and troubles of the world in contemplative prayer to God.
At St. Thomas church we provide a Julian drop-in space where you are welcome to anchor your reflections on life and place them somewhere outside yourself. The Julian hour is in a secluded corner of the main church building and is open at the same time as the community Tuesday group. The corner is an open ended opportunity available from 10.30 am until around midday and is facilitated; anyone who needs to take a few minutes (or longer) in silent time-out is welcome.


Our parish of Old Charlton: St Thomas is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Southwark’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO Ali Edney (email: [email protected], tel: 07973219495) or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Pamela Chisholm (email: [email protected], tel:020 7939 9423 or 07982 279713). If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.

Read more