We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St Andrew's Church is in the centre of the village and has been at the heart of village life for hundreds of years, the first documentary evidence of this being in The Domesday Book of 1086.
This beautiful and well loved medieval church building dates from the twelfth century, the oldest parts being the font and the lower stages of the tower. Over the centuries there have been numerous additions and alterations to the building which now has a light and open aspect throughout. The church seats about 120 and is open daily for visitors. There are more details of its history on leaflets and boards inside the church.
In recent years the building has seen several improvements, including cushions for the pews, a new heating system and the introduction of an audio loop system. Following a successful appeal in 2014 the building has been completely re-roofed, the walls inside of the tower and nave repaired and the whole interior repainted.
St Andrew's is one of 6 churches in the Ridgeway Parishes. To assist our Rector the services on the second and third Sunday of the month are lay-led. Details of services and events in all the Ridgeway churches are published in Signpost magazine which can be found on this link to the Letcombe Regis village website: http://www.letcombe-regis.org.uk/visitor-information/church/benefice-magazine .
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below