Church of England Diocese of Chelmsford Saint Margaret, Barking

About Us

St Margaret's Church has stood in Barking since 1215, originally built as a small chapel outside the walls of Barking Abbey.

Over the centuries the building has been greatly enlarged to the main parish church it is today.

We are committed to being an inclusive community where all are welcome, encouraged and nurtured wherever they may be on their Christian Journey.
We celebrate the beauty of Christ's image in one another as we meet, build, grow and worship together.