We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Our parish includes the communities of Heybridge and Heybridge Basin, north east of the town of Maldon in mid Essex, and is part of the United Benefice of Heybridge and Langford.
St Andrew's Church, sits at the heart of our small town in Heybridge Street. The church is open each day and with a range of Sunday and mid week services, visitors will find a warm welcome. We are glad to see families in church - there are books and toys available, and toilets in the Waring room, the church hall situated opposite the church. There is level access for wheel chairs and a loop system for hearing aid users.
The church building was completed in the 12th century and the South Door, with ornamental iron hinges, dates from around 1100. Somewhere around 1450 flooding caused the tower to collapse. The 'ruins' were restored later in the 15th century and, as is the case in many parish churches, the building contains evidence of the adaptations successive congregations have made to meet their varying needs.
St Andrew's Church
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below