14th September is our parish Feast Day - Holy Cross Day or the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
The church of The Holy Cross originated in 1920 when a hut, formerly a chapel in the army camp at Grey Towers (a mansion, built in 1876, that was situated in Hornchurch Road and used as the New Zealand Convalescent Hospital during WW1 but eventually demolished to be replaced by housing) was re-erected at the corner of Malvern Road and Park Lane, to serve as a mission church from St Andrew's Church in Hornchurch, and social centre for north-west Hornchurch. A new parish was then formed in 1925 and it was in 1933 when our present church was built.
Today we continue to be a family-friendly faith community which is welcoming to all.
Our main Communion service is on a Sunday at 10.30am except on the 2nd Sunday of the month when the service is usually a Family service.
We serve all ages and ethnic groups so do come and worship with us. Contact Julian, our vicar, for more information - [email protected].