The parish church of St. Mary's, North Mymms is situated in a rural setting on the edge of North Mymms Park, and reached by an avenue of lime trees from the main road.
The original church was built by Simon de Swanland, a London merchant, around 1328, 12 years after he acquired the manor of North Mymms. He built a chantry chapel, St. Catherine's, and endowed it for the maintenance of a priest. St. Catherine's chapel is now the oldest part of the present church.
In 2005, North Mymms Parish, together with Lemsford Parish Church, and the four Hatfield churches became part of the Bishop's Hatfield Team Ministry.
We actively work within The Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults. This ensures the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities and is the responsibility of the whole Church. Details of our Policy can be found at: http://www.stmarysnorthmymms.org.uk/notices/SafeguardingNMPCC.pdf
St. Mary's is a living church and all are welcome.