St Mary's Bearwood - a brief introduction.
The Parish Church: Situated at the heart of a very busy retail and commercial centre, St. Mary's offers a place of prayer and worship to the local community. The church is easily accessible on public transport.
The church hall complex adjacent to the church is an integral part of our mission and is used by many local groups and organisations including the Girls' Friendly Society and the 15th Boys' Brigade & Girls Association.
St. Mary's Church Bearwood, (formerly known as St. Mary's Smethwick) was consecrated in 1888. It was a daughter church of Smethwick Old Chapel.
The parish occupies a geographical area that once formed part of the ancient parish of St. Peter's Harborne in the County of Stafford. St. Mary's Parish now lies within the Metropolitan Borough of Sandwell, West Midlands.
For more information, and pictures of the church, may be found on our Facebook page