A warm Welcome to St. Peter's Church, Milton Bryan.
THE VISION OF ST. PETER'S, MILTON BRYAN, IS TO:
‘Know’… the Lord in and through worship and the scriptures.
‘Grow’… as His disciples in fellowship
'Go’… and make Him known in our communities
Our set of local 'Values' underpin this 'Vision':Holding closely to the timeless values of the Bible; Rooted in Prayer, together; Seeking the face of Jesus; Inviting the Holy Spirit to bring alive the scriptures; Embracing God through Worship; An accessible, loving and welcoming Church; Being ‘the Church’ at the heart of our communities and work.
As an Anglican Church we profess the Christian faith as uniquely revealed in the Holy Scriptures and set forth in the catholic creeds and witnessed to in the historic formularies of the Church of England,the 39 articles of religion and the book of Common Prayer.
We would summarise our understanding of the essentials of the Christian faith and the basis from which we seek to work, worship and serve as a parish and with the wider Christian Church as follows:
1. There is one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit whose sovereignty and grace is shown in His loving care of all creation.
2. Who is revealed in the Bible and who is judge of all things.
3. The Bible is divinely inspired, fully trustworthy and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. Through His death, Jesus, the Son of God, won forgiveness for the sin of humankind.This is the only basis of redemption from the power of sin and its eternal consequence.
5. We are reconciled to God solely by the grace of God received by faith in Christ Jesus being crucified and rising from the dead.
6. The work of God the Holy Spirit within us is to make God real to us in our daily lives and empower us to live for Him and others.
If you are reading this for the first time, our prayer for you, is that you find peace, love, joy, hope, encouragement, warmth and blessing here at St. Peter's, Milton Bryan and we welcome you.