Horning: St Benedict
Welcome to the church of St. Benedict's, Horning.
We are now able to open our churches for individual private prayer. In addition, with effect from 4th Jul, we are allowed to assemble in church once more for worship, subject to meeting Government guidelines to minimise the risk of Coronavirus transmission and propagation. Having carefully reviewed all the Government and Church of England guidance notes, we have concluded that, for the next three weeks, we should:
• continue to prepare and ‘broadcast’ the video-recorded service of worship for each Sunday.
• continue to open our churches in accordance with the timetable above.
• provide a short, said Holy Communion service in each church, each week, during times when the church is already planned to be open.
• not hold any benefice services in any church.
• encourage congregation members, as far as possible, to join the Holy Communion service only in the parish church they normally attend.
• on request, take communion from the respective parish church, to anyone who feels unable to join the service in church
The Holy Communion services will be conducted strictly in accordance with the extensive guidance set out on the Church of England website, to minimise risk to all concerned. However, we also ask everyone joining us in church to help to control the Coronavirus risk by continuing to follow government guidelines at all times. In particular, do please:
• clean your hands with the hand-gel provided, both when you enter the church, and when you leave.
• observe social distancing rules at all times.
• sit only in the designated pews, and do not enter the areas blocked with warning tapes.
• share a pew only with someone who is in your household or bubble.
• feel free to wear mask/face-covering, although this is not obligatory
Holy Communion services for the coming week will be:
Sunday 16th Aug 4.00pm Barton Turf
Wednesday 19th Aug 10.00am Irstead
Wednesday 19th Aug 4.00pm Neatishead
Friday 21st Aug 11.00am Horning
Saturday 22nd Aug 10.00am Ashmanhaugh
The parish of Horning, St Benedict's is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Norwich’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.