Parish Eucharist: 9.30am, every Sunday.
Sunday school twice a month during the service, every other Sunday of the month.
Service lasts 1 hr with refreshments at the end
St Hugh's serves as the Anglican parish church for West Bermondsey, within the Anglican Diocese of Southwark. It is technically a Conventional District within the parish of Southwark Cathedral, with whom it has strong links, but St Hugh's has its own distinctive history and character and behaves like a parish church in its own right. Originally part of the Charterhouse Mission Settlement, one of south-east London's historic Settlements (latterly known as Charterhouse-in-Southwark) St Hugh's Church was in the basement of one of the former Charterhouse Settlement buildings serving the people in the neighbourhood since 1896.
In 2009 the Trustees of Charterhouse -in-Southwark made the radical decision not to continue as a service provider in buildings that were no longer fit for purpose, but to sell the buildings and become a grant-making charity. The building which housed the church was sold, and subsequently demolished. Ecclesiastical law required the church to be replaced, and the new church was dedicated and opened by the Bishop of Southwark on December 8th 2013.
By God's grace St Hugh's aims:
* to be an active Christian presence in the community
* to make St Hugh's Church a place of prayer and peace in the heart of the inner-city, open and welcoming to all regardless of race, faith background, gender, age or sexuality
* to encourage and support each other, young and old, in our Christian faith
The Revd Canon Michael Rawson: Minister-in-charge 0207 367 6706
The Revd David Adamson: Assistant Curate 020 3612 4687
The Revd Linda Scott-Garnett: Hon. Asst. Curate 0203 689 0939
Mary O'Neill Reader
Iris Tomlins Reader
Ms Bola Oriaku Churchwarden
Mr Clive Greenwood Churchwarden
Porlock Street / Crosby Row
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below