Church of England Diocese in Europe

Opening

The church is normally open every Wednesday from 10am to 1pm, with a short service of Holy Communion at 11.00am

Getting here

Saint George’s Church in Malaga is the oldest Anglican Church in mainland Spain. It stands in the English Cemetery, one of Malaga's well-known and historic gardens close to the city centre. The cemetery, established in 1829 on land ceded to Britain by the Spanish authorities, was the first Protestant cemetery in Spain. The church building, constructed in classical style with fine Doric columns in 1839-40 as a funeral chapel and lodge for the cemetery guard, was converted to become St. George's Anglican Church in 1890-91.

For visitors with cars there is some street parking nearby.  The closest car park to the church is the Cervantes, underneath the Malaga bullring about 5 minutes walk away.  To get here by public transport bus routes 3 and 11 stop just outside the English Cemetery gates.

Members of St George’s come from a wide area around the city – some an hour’s drive away - and represent a range of ages, nationalities and denominations. They form a lively and committed team organizing a variety of successful fundraising and other activities through the year.  The upkeep of the English Cemetery is the responsibility of the English Cemetery in Malaga Foundation.

For further details please contact the Chaplain: chaplain@stgeorgemalaga.org

 

Avenida de Pries 1
Malaga
29016

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below