Related Churches within the area and contact information from external sources such as Crockfords can be found below.
St Mary's, Luppitt
There is physical evidence of the existence of a Christian community in Luppitt since shortly after the Conquest. The present Church building is believed to have been constructed early in the fourteenth century. Luppitt was united with neighbouring parishes in 1974.
St. Mary's is a member of the Dunkeswell Mission Community whose other member Churches are:
St Andrew's, Broadhembury; St. Nicholas', Dunkeswell, St. John the Baptist, Plymtree; St. James the Greater, Sheldon; St. Mary the Virgin, Upottery
The Church of St Nicholas was built in approximately 1865 to 1868, although the tower had to be demolished and rebuilt following damage caused by vibration from the engines of the US Navy Liberators and Catalinas based in Dunkeswell during the 2nd World War.
St James the Greater
We meet every Sunday at 9:30AM for an act of Worship. We always welcome visitors to join our friendly and mixed-age congregation.
If there is a 5th Sunday in the month then we join with the 5 other Churches of our Mission Community for a joint service at each Church in turn.
St Mary the Virgin
The three communities of Upottery, Rawridge, and Smeatharpe worship together at St Mary’s Church, in Upottery, the oldest parts of which date from the 12th Century. All three villages contain a mixture of agricultural land and buildings together with some more modern housing developments. Upottery has a primary school and a pub but no shop. Smeatharpe and Upottery have village halls which are used for a variety of local events and clubs.
The church offers a rich variety of monthly services including all types of worship from Book of Common Prayer to modern, non-liturgical services. Sidesmen and the regular congregation afford a warm welcome to those who attend services, including newcomers and visitors, who often comment on this. We make a special effort to welcome children at all of our services and have an area especially dedicated for their use. Refreshments are served after each service and the majority stay to share fellowship.
St Andrew Apostle and Martyr
Broadhembury is a rural parish of some 4700 acres with an adult population of approximately 700. The Parish is bounded at the northern and eastern sides by the Blackdown Hills with the northern third in Blackdown Hills AONB and the village of Broadhembury is in a conservation area.
Crockfords contact details
If you've spotted any issues in the Crockfords data, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue
If you've spotted any issues in the contact information, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue