About Us

The first rector here at St Andrew's was presented in 1268, and Bishop Grandisson dedicated the altar in 1333.

Originally, the church was at Fallapit and the hub of the village was nearby at Tolditch. However, the village gravitated to it's present location, with the church now on Church Hill overlooking most of the village and countryside beyond.

St Andrew's was rebuilt in the 15th and 16th centuries, and major renovations and rebuilding were possible in the 19th century generously sponsored by William Cubitt of Fallapit House.

The church has reopened daily for private prayer and meditation every Sunday from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.

Services have now fully resumed. Please see "Services have changed" by clicking the tab on the left of this page. Social distancing is required, as are face masks / covering. Members of the PCC with be on hand to help. 

We welcome you to come and enjoy our beautiful church and grounds, in which dogs on leads are welcome.

Monthly coffee mornings at our Parish Hall have resumed and are usually on the first Wednesday of every month. Please see the Village Voice monthly magazine for more details

Fund raising monthly Whist Drives continue to be suspended until further notice.

We were able to hold our very popular Village Fete in September 2021 and will hold this years Village Fete on Saturday 10th September 2022 

Donations may now be made on line - please see "Give now" button on our front page. The "Give now" link is also vaialbale on our Facebook page, and the special QR signs are displayed in St Andrew's Church enabling cashless donations to be made

Reviewed and updated Feb 2022