The parish of Monkton Farleigh includes the village itself and Pinckney Green, Farleigh Rise and Farleigh Wick, which together have a population of about 400 people.
The earliest part of the church is the late 12th century Norman door, which is round headed and decorated with zigzag moulding. The inner order of the arch has been cut away, probably in the restoration in 1874. The square tower is probably 13th century and has a saddleback roof. There is a Norman font. Apart from these features, the church was rebuilt in successive stages in 1844 and 1874. On the south side of the chancel there is a one storey rectangular addition, built as a Sunday School but now used as a vestry.
Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, at 10.00am on the first four Sundays of each month there will be one of the following services:
Morning Prayer (once a month)
Parish Communion (three times a month)
In addition, there is a Benefice Communion service once each month which is held at a different church each month.
Details of the service rota for the current week can be found by following the link to the Benefice website.
The parish is part of the Benefice of North Bradford-on-Avon and Villages, together with the parishes of St. James (South Wraxall), St. Nicholas (Winsley) and Christ Church (Bradford on Avon).
St Peter's relies of the generosity of its members and other supporters to raise the funds needed to keep the church open. Please go to the Donate page of this site to find out how you can give.