Frederick Preedy

Frederick Preedy was engaged for the restoration of the chancel which included the roof, east window tracery, tiles and the painted reredos, which until recently had been covered by a wooden reredos erected in 1912. Preedy was also responsible for the other fittings in the chancel including the stalls which were carved by Rattee & Kett. The great east stained glass window and the window in the south west wall are both by Preedy 1852-3.

The window in the south wall of the nave by Preedy is a memorial to James Poole and depicts Christ Healing the Blind at Bethesda and Christ teaching, they are dated 1865.

IMG_3758, JPG


IMG_3759, JPG