St Peter’s Choirs
We have two choirs at St Peter’s
• Prepare and sing music for services at St Peter’s
• Many styles are covered, from early to modern including Plainchant, Taizé, Jazz and Classical
• The choir regularly sing unaccompanied music as well as items with organ and (or) piano.
• Formed to bring together people from within the village and from a larger area
• This choir sings around three or four times a year in public, these are music for Holy Week, a summer concert and a Christmas Carol service.
• The choir are looking forward to singing at Wick St Lawrence Village Fayre later in July
Rehearsals take place at St. Peter’s at 7:30pm on Monday evenings with the Festival choir meeting at 8pm. We do usually take a break during the summer unless special events say otherwise. During the year we have social events where everyone gets together for anything from ten pin bowling through to eating out. After the Festival choir events there is usually a little reception for the choir and partners as well.
Everyone is welcome
The Festival Choir currently has eight sopranos, five altos, three tenors and three basses but don’t let that put you off, it actually means someone will be singing the same as you!
If you enjoy singing and fancy having a go then you are welcome to come and join there is no audition and no need to read music. Rehearsals are productive because we have fun as well and that is important to the choirs’ makeup
The choirs are directed by Jonathan Edwardes ALCM, a chorister at St Peter’s at the age of six he has gone on to study with Association of British Choral Directors under Peter Broadbent, Sue Hollingworth and Amy Bebbington as well as becoming an Associate of the London College of Music.
Contact us via email [email protected] or speak to anyone at St Peter's