St. Giles is the Church of England Parish Church for Hartington, within the Diocese of Derby. Hartington Church dates back to about 1250 AD and was once one of the largest parishes in England covering some 24,000 acres. During the 19th century several other churches were built to serve nearby communities. Now Hartington Church just serves the immediate village and the parish of Hartington Town Quarter and is part of "The White Peak" group of parishes together with Biggin, Earl Sterndale, Monyash, Chelmorton and, Taddington.
The Church is open for services. See News and notices section for more information.
Safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults is an issue which we take very seriously as do the Church of England generally. For more information contact the Diocese of Derby .For any specific concerns regarding St Giles Church or this parish please contact our safeguarding officer, Mrs. Dorothy Hawton via email or telephone on 01298 8456.