Church of England Diocese of Gloucester Newnham

About Us




 St Peter's is a friendly and active village church, integral to the Newnham community on the banks of the River Severn.  We have a broad range of regular church services - Common Worship, family services and BCP Communion and Evensong - and the church also hosts a variety of community events.

A parish church was established in the 14th century (although there had been a chapel of ease since 1018), and in 1366 a new church building was built on the high ground of the village as the old one faced erosion from the river. The current church is mainly Victorian, although the medieval tower has survived.

See also our website http://stpetersnewnham.org.uk .  And also the Newnham village website https://www.newnhamonsevern.co.uk.