3. Our Stained Glass
Inside, the church's most striking feature is the magnificent east window. It portrays the Crucifixion, and was unveiled in 1922 as a memorial to the men of the parish who died on active service during the First World War. Designed by the artist Wilhelmina Geddes, it was described by the architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner as of ‘quite exceptionally high quality’ and is regarded as one of her finest works. Miss Geddes herself regarded it as her greatest achievement. It can be seen here.