UPDATED 24th March 2020:
Following the latest statement by the Prime Minister to combat Coronavirus we need to announce that:
• The chapel and church buildings are now, sadly, closed until further notice. Everyone now must please follow the Government instruction to Stay at Home except for essential travel to work, to shop for food or medicines, and to exercise once daily. Vulnerable groups must please adhere to the 12-week self-isolation period. If this causes you great practical or emotional difficulty please get in touch and we may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help - contact Revd Kate Byrom Tel. 01623 452431 [email protected]
• Therefore, for the time-being there will, sadly, be NO public services held in our church or chapel
• Instead we will make resources available for worship at home. We will do this via this email group and via our facebook page (Search 'Chapel of St Mary Newstead Abbey & St. Peter's Ravenshead'). Look out for live-streamed services at 9.30 and 11.15am on Sunday mornings.
• Revd Kate and Revd Claire will pray daily for the local community
• For those who are able to offer support to others, I’d encourage you to drop a message through the doors of neighbours, offering to pick up supplies or just to be a point of contact if they are in need.
• For those who need to self-isolate, please be assured that you are not forgotten and that you are greatly loved.
• Please be assured that during this current health crisis we will do all that we can to support you, working with other voluntary organisations in the village to keep us all in touch with one another.
May God bless you and keep you today, and in the weeks to come.
Love and Prayers
Revd Kate Byrom and Revd Claire Melless
Please click on 'news and notices' for prayers and other updates
The parish of Ravenshead is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
In the Parish: David Owen, Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, 07768 990515
In the Diocese: [email protected] or contact the safeguarding team on 07917 693285.
Out of Hours for Children & Adults: Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546; Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000; Bawtry: 01302 796 000