If you are considering getting married in a church, St. Peter’s Church or St Mary's Chapel at Newstead Abbey are great venues. For all that’s legally required a church wedding can cost less than £600… there are obviously extras that you can add to this but it doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
Both are very different venues. The Abbey Chapel offers a small venue within Newstead Abbey and St Peter’s Church is a modern larger space.
A church is so much more than a wedding venue. God will be there with you to bless you – on the day and always. It’s a spiritual, personal and beautiful ceremony which you can personalise. If you would like to look at a what a church wedding can offer then visit www.yourchurchwedding.org
You are very welcome to talk to us about having a church wedding, please do contact Revd Kate Byrom on 01623 452431 or email [email protected]
You do need a qualifying connection to get married at St Peter’s Church or the Chapel at Newstead Abbey, it can be one of the following:
If you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- was baptised (christened) in the parish concerned, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish, or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months. (You can create this qualifying connection by attending services in the parish – speak to the Vicar.)
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents or grandparents:
-was married in the parish