Trewen: the Church building

The church has a single bell cote thought to date from the fifteenth century. The original font is made from local Polyphant stone. We still bring water for baptisms from the Holy Well in the north lane outside the Church. Resting on the base of the font is a piscina found in a local hedge and once probably used for washing sacred vessels.

The granite lintel over the three light window in the Chancel is inscribed with "Anno Domini 1574 by WLG". To the left of the entrance in the South Wall is a Holy Water stoup only recently discovered under plaster.

The porch has wonderful fifteenth century granite jambs. Over the door into the church is simple but very attractive carving in an arched shape.