St. Rufin's Church, Burston, Staffordshire.

St. Rufin's is a small chapel erected in 1859. The church lies on the path of the Two Saints' Way between Lichfield and Chester, which is marked by an attractive board opposite the entrance to the chapel by the Village Pool.
There is a small parking area adjacent to the chapel.

Ours is a Mission Church in the Parish of Sandon with Burston. As such it shares the same ethos, PCC and Churchwardens as All Saints' Church, Sandon. There is a Burston Committee of the PCC which oversees the running of the Church, whilst local villagers look after the building and support its services.

Get in touch

Our Vicar is The Rev'd Vivienne Starkie

What's on


Sunday 25 June 2023 Sunday at for 1 hour
St. Rufin's Church, Burston, Staffordshire.
Burston Village (off Butterhill Bank) Stafford, ST18 0GZ, GB

25th June Holy Communion at 09-30am led by Rev'd Geoff Smith.

23rd July Holy Communion at 09-30am.

For services in other churches please click on "Church Services Across Mid-Trent Team" to see our service rotas.
We try to make our church services as friendly as possible. Please don’t worry about getting things ‘wrong’. Even if they notice, people won’t mind. At Communion services, everyone is equally welcome, whether you feel able to share the bread and wine or prefer just to stay seated for a time of quiet. Finally, we are interested in you, not what you are wearing.


Our parish of St. Rufin, Burston (associated with All Saints Church, Sandon) is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Lichfield’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.