St Andrew's, Leicester Forest East
Welcome to our page. We are a combined Church of England and Methodist Church serving Leicester Forest East. Please go to our website for full details of our activities and life as a church - http://www.standrewslfe.org.uk/
We have recommenced public worship at the usual time of 11am, subject to current local measures and our regularly reviewed risk assessments.
Those attending the church building can help with this by:
- maintaining a distance of over 1 metre from anyone not within their household or support bubble
- wearing a face covering whilst in the building, unless exempt* (Face coverings can be removed temporarily by those leading the service and when receiving Holy Communion)
- bringing with them their own Bible or prayer resources if required
- providing a contact telephone number for registration with NHS Track & Trace
Further information will be provided on arrival.
We are delighted to be able to make the church building available to our community once again. However we will need to close the church on short notice should national or local guidance change or there be a suspected COVID19 contamination of the building. Should this occur, please accept our apologies for any disappointment, as the health and safety of our volunteers and all in our community will remain our top priority at all times.
We will also be continuing with our online worship services, available Sunday mornings on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsLFE/) and on our website (http://www.standrewslfe.org.uk/), so this option remains available to you as well. At St. Andrew's we recognise that we have permission but no obligation to return to gathered worship in church buildings, so would encourage you to engage however you feel safe and comfortable to; in public worship services, individual private prayer sessions or online. However we offer our worship, God delights in us and meets us when we reach out in prayer and praise.
* The main exemptions to wearing face-coverings are:
• young children under the age of 11
• not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
• if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
• if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
• to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
• to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
• to eat or drink, but only if you need to
• to take medication
• if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering
We are live streaming worship every Sunday at 11am on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsLFE/) and from 11:45am on our website. Church is more than the building - WE are the Church! We can still pray at home, on our own, with our families and with others by telephone, over the internet or through live-streamed and broadcast worship. Further printed and online prayer resources will be prepared for festivals and special Sundays going ahead, supplementing the resources provided by the national Churches. Please contact Revd Dave Hover using the contact page if you would like to receive these resources.