The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participate in the life of the Church.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please see advice from Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Care Services or the Police without delay.
Report any concerns about a crime to the Police on 101. In an emergency call 999.
LOCAL CONTACTS available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Helen Hopkins - Parish Safeguarding Officer, Telephone: 0755 222 3367, Email: [email protected]
Fr William Obedoza SSC - Vicar, Telephone: 0791 628 1227, Email: [email protected]
Name: Amanda Goh - Safeguarding Manager & Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Telephone: 01245 294457 (Weekdays, Office hours), Email: [email protected]
If you have a safeguarding concern, allegation or disclosure please call the Diocesan Duty number: 01245 29 44 44.
For more information, including how to report a safeguarding concern, you can visit the Safeguarding page of the Diocese on www.chelmsford.anglican.org/safeguarding-landing
Children’s Social Care:
Telephone: 0208 708 3885
Emergency Duty Team on 020 8708 5897 (During the evening or at weekends).
Redbridge Health and Adult Social Services:
Telephone: 0208 708 7333 (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm).
Outside of office hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 020 8553 5825.
· Promoting a safer environment and culture.
· Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people, and vulnerable adults within the church.
· Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
· Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
· Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
· Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 08000 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 100 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Violence Helpline: 0808