Welcome to our website. Arrangements for Baptisms, Reading of Banns, Weddings, and viewing Church Archives can be made at the church every Saturday between 11am and 12 Noon, or any other time by appointment.
Construction of Saint James's Church began in 1827 and the church opened in September 1829. The architect who designed the building is called Francis Goodwin. The core mission at Saint James's Church is to provide a fitting place of worship to God. Our worship style is Anglo-Catholic and the Parish is affiliated to Forward in Faith.
This website is designed for more than one type of user. As well as providing access (via a standard web address) to people who browse the internet on a desktop computer or laptop, it is also formatted for the growing number of people who access the internet by other means, such as a Smartphone or an iPad. Further details are available in the 'More Info' and 'Pages and Links' areas of our website.