RAISE MONEY FOR ST JOHN’S WITHOUT PAYING A PENNY OR TAKING UP YOUR TIME
Whenever you buy anything online you could be raising a free donation for St John's Church. There are over 4,000 retailers including John Lewis, Amazon, Argos, Uswitch, eBay, M&S, Just Eat, Now TV, Domino's Pizza and Audible ready to give a free donation every time you shop with them online as a thank you for dealing with them.
All you have to do is create an account with easyfundraising.org (with which St John’s is registered) and do your online shopping completely as normal. If the retailer you choose is one who gives a donation easyfundraising will pass it on to us. Their service is completely free, there are no risks, they will not pester you and it takes only 2 minutes to set up the account.
This action is endorsed by Newcastle Diocese, which has advised “With many churches struggling financially due to the pandemic, it's a great idea to register with easyfundraising to boost funds and enable your church to benefit from free donations generated by supporters shopping online”.
Have a go! If you happen to raise £5 in donations, easyfundraising will give us a £5 bonus donation – but there is no question of trying to meet any targets!
Here is how you go about it -
1. Copy the following easyfundraising’s web address and paste it into your browser –
2. When you are on the website, click 'support this cause' and we recommend that you next click on “Continue with Email” to start creating the account
• When creating the account make sure you install the “Donation Reminder”. It will result in participating retailers displaying a pop-up “Get donation” invitation when you visit their websites. Clicking on “Get donation” will trigger one should you make a purchase from that particular company.
• Amazon is an exception. You have to go first to www.easyfundraising.org.uk. rather than directly to the Amazon website.
o On that website put the cursor over “Shop to raise” (upper left of window) then click on “Amazon” (under “Popular retailers”) and finally click on “Shop now” which appears beneath “Amazon – Raise up to 1.5% donation”;
o You will then be taken to the Amazon website and if you make a purchase the donation will be made when you check out, although perhaps not appearing on the easyfundraising site until a day or two later.
• If you do online shopping by mobile phone, download the easyfundraising app during account creation.
Please contact us if you have any queries or observations
You can do this by clicking on the “Get in touch” tab on the left of the screen.