As the only Church of England church in Westerham we aim to offer a variety that allows everyone to worship God:
8am - A quiet "said" service (no hymns) of Holy Communion lasting 45 minutes, using traditional language with a short sermon.
10.30am - Our Main Sunday Service using contemporary language, with a sermon, supported by our robed choir. Stay after the service for tea, coffee and conversation.
Each week is a little different as we usually follow the following pattern, with the services lasting from about an hour to an hour and a quarter where there is communion:
- 1st Sunday in the month - A service for all the church family - an "all-age" service of worship, with one or two short talks (often interactive) with new songs used to complement the traditional hymns.
- 2nd Sunday in the month - A service of Holy Communion.
- 3rd Sunday in the month - A service of Morning Prayer.
- 4th Sunday in the month - A service of Holy Communion.
- 5th Sunday in the month - A service of The Word.
3.00pm - "Messy Church" - 2nd Sunday in the month (except July and August).
On the second Sunday of the month our church is invaded by little people and their parents, carers and occasionally even grandparents! From 3pm - 5pm children from the age of 0 to primary school age have lots of fun in all sorts of creative activities, followed with a short time of worship, where we set the worship table, hear a story based on a Bible story, sing a song and say a short prayer. We end with tea together (free, but donations welcome).
6.30pm - A traditional language (BCP) Choral Evensong, supported by the extended Choir (the John Fryth Singers) for 40 mins, 6 times a year- See the "Services and Events" tab for details
Sometimes we have to vary our service pattern, particularly during holiday times; see our weekly newsletter and/or the calendar for details. If we are not holding our 8am service there will still be a 10.30 service which will always be a service of Holy Communion.