ALL SAINTS CHURCH MUDEFORD
All Saints Church was built in 1869 as a Chapel of Ease serving the local community many of whom were fishermen. It was the gift of Mortimer Ricardo. who lived at Bure Homage House and was the main land owner in the area, when he died in 1876 his son Francis inherited the house and land. The first licenced Curate-in-Charge was Rev. Henry Charles Mitford Barton. The first recorded Harvest Festival took place in September 1880.
Some of the stained glass windows are dedicated to the Ricardo family. The large west window was added in 1876 as a memorial to Mortimer Ricardo. The window on the right side of the altar is in memory of Esther Mary Elizabeth Ricardo. Other windows are dedicated to Alice Henrietta Ricardo, David Ricardo and Frank Ricardo.
The church building has been extended, in the early 1960s the Vestry and inside toilets were built, the Vestry Hall was added in 1991. Much of the £500.000 was raised by coffee mornings and other fund raising events by the congregation.
Mudeford was granted Parish status on 1st September 2005. The Church was consecrated on 17th April 2007
There have been 33 Priests in Charge at All Saints Church, here are those from 1967.
1967 — R.Emmanual. 1970 — M.B.Beevor. 1974 — H.E.Chevalier.
1975 — M.Hancock. 1979 — S.E.Hogben. 1985 — M.Clayton.
1995 — M.Lowe. 1999 — A.Saunders 2006– Helen Griffiss
2018 — Andrew Jablonski