Facts and Figures
All Saints Church was designed by architect John Loughborough Pearson.
It was the gift of Mortimer Ricardo of Bure Homage House.
1869. 13th June: The first service was at 3.00pm
1871 The church bell ws made by J. Warner & Sons
1876 The West Window was gifted as a memorial to the church’s founder.
1880 The first harvest festival was held
1881 The first Priest in Charge was appointed
1885 The stone font was gifted to the church, in memory of David Ricardo who died aged 4, the first infant was baptised in 1886
1912 The brass lectern was gifted in memory of Sibylla Mary Shrubb to replace a wooden one.
1930 Rogationtide was first celebrated.
1931 27th September the chapel is dedicated to All Saints.
1950 The oak pulpit was gifted to the church.
1954 The blessing of the waters resumes after suspension during WW11.
1957 All Saints was licensed for marriages and has a new processional cross.
1968 A new pipe organ is purchased at a cost of £1,600.
1977 Flower Festival to mark the Queen’s Silver Jubilee
1985 Architect Richard Scott designed a new Church Hall
1991 Building work commenced on the 6th May. the new Hall was opened by the Bishop of Southampton Emeritus Revd David Cartwright
2002 Porch Gates fitted in memory of Michael Hammond’s parents
2002 Flower Festival theme ‘Celebrations’
2005 Mudeford is sanctioned as an ecclesiastical parish.
2006 Appointment of the Incumbent, the Revd Helen Griffiss, MA
2007 The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Southamton
The Church is 60feet East to West and 22feet wide, there are 24 oak pews seating approx. 120 worshippers, extra seating is available in the Transept and Vestry Hall.The west stained glass window was gifted as a memorial to Mortimer Ricardo in 1876, other windows including the ones behind the Altar are also dedicated to members of the Ricardo family. Beneath the West window are several brass plaques, many are to the Ricardo family, Mortimer Ricardo died in 1876 age 70. The Sunday School gave the Brass Ewer..The Memorial Box, which is always filled with flowers, has above it two wooden plaques listing the fallen in the First and Second World Wars.
The Rose Window in memory of Michael Mugford was designed and made by Rita-Jean Peters a local artist specialising in stained glass.
The Altar rail was donated by Charles Peek in 1991 and dedicated to John Ellery for his contrbution in the building of the Vestry Hall
The outside Notice Board was donated by Ann Brown in memory of her late husband Roy.
October 30th 2011 Dedication of A Clergy Board given by Mike Kelson in memory of his late wife Daphne who served the church as Warden.