St Alban's Heritage
St Alban the Martyr is a grade II* listed building. It was opened in 1881 and is a Victorian Gothic Church: it was designed by John Loughborough Pearson. Both St Alban's church and Ark St Alban's Academy grew from a religious and educational mission started by brothers James and Thomas Pollock in 1865, when this was a developing area of factories and poor housing on the edge of Birmingham.
Renewal of the roof was completed in 2020, aided by The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Here are some links to our website and its more detailed information about the history of our parish and about our Grade II* listed Church (building ID 1290539).
If you want a flavour of what our church looks like there are some 360 degree interactive views of our church on our website 360 degree views.
St Alban the Martyr
More detailed information can be found on our website using the links below.
We have also made a 22 minute video about the heritage of our church website. Heritage Video.
St Patrick's church was demolished when the Middleway was build, more information about St Patrick's Church can be found using our website link below