Church of England Diocese of St.Albans Hitchin

About Us

Built by the Rev'd George Gainsford and consecrated in 1894, St Faith's began life as a daughter church of Holy Saviour in Radcliffe Road, Hitchin and became a Parish church in 2003. St Faith's formed a Local Ecumenical Partnership with the Methodist Church in 1976 and the following year joined with the three other Anglican churches in Hitchin, St Mary's, Holy Saviour and St Mark's to form the Hitchin Team. More recently, All Saints Church, St Paul's Walden with St Martin, Preston joined the Team. 

St Faith's Church building has undergone many changes in its relatively short history, but its people have consistently sought to serve   Walsworth, to the east of Hitchin, living the good news of God's love by building relationships with the many and varied folk and communities which flourish there.