This will take place in the church of the parish where you live. To find out which is your parish, enter your post code into "A church near you" front page or check on"Street name and Parish" page. Then contact the vicar of your parish. If you live in the Parish of St Peter & St Paul Milton please read on.
Marriage at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Milton and Denton
We know how important it is that this extra special day, is as wonderful and meaningful as it can be.
Together we can come up with just the ceremony you have in mind.
Once you have read the following information, use "Get in touch" page if you need to know more and to talk about having your wedding here at Milton and Denton Parish Church.
Who is entitled to be married at St Peter & St Paul’s?
You can be married at St Peter & St Paul’s if: Neither bride or groom has been married before. Nor any previous spouse is still living (even if they are divorced); AND Bride and/or groom live within the parish boundary. If neither live within the Parish Boundary (see street name and parish link on left hand side panel); one or both will need to be eligible by nature of meeting at least one of the following qualifying criteria:
• I was baptised in the parish (by a Church of England service/form of baptism)
• I have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and my confirmation is entered in a register belonging to a church or chapel in the parish
• My parent or grandparent was married in the parish by a Church of England service
• I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
• My parent has had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime
• I have habitually attended public worship at Church of England services in the parish for at least 6 months
• My parent has habitually attended public worship at Church of England services in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime
Usually, at least three months notice is required to book a wedding, longer if either party is a foreign national.
For 2021 the statutory church of England fee for marriage and publication of banns is £506.
Further fees are applicable for options such as music, singers, bells, flowers, etc. For most weddings the total would typically be in the range £600 – £800Banns Application form for weddings at either Milton, or where resident in Milton parish to be married in another parish:
Available to down load below. This must be printed off landscape format, signed in ink, and delivered to the Rector. If Banns are required to be called here for a wedding at a different church, the Banns publication and certificate fees of total £46 will be immediately payable, if by cheque to "Milton parochial church council".
For Marriage application form, go to "Get in touch" in side panel and use the contact form to request from the rector.