About Us

For over 800 years, the Parish Church has been a place of worship and served and supported the community of Martock.  Services are accompanied by a splendid organ rebuilt in 1994.   The peal of eight bells was repaired and rehung in 2009.

Our current pattern of Sunday Services:

First Sundays        9.30am - Holy Communion 

Second Sundays   9.30am - Holy Communion 

                                 6.30pm - The Well at All Saints'

Third Sundays       9.30am - Morning Prayer

                                6.30pm - Still Waters (alternate months)

Fourth Sunday      8.00am - BCP Holy Communion

                                6.30pm - The Well at All Saints'

Fifth Sundays - when they occur - are usually Benefice wide services held in rotation at Ash, Kingsbury Episcopi or Martock.

All Saints' events include charity lunches, concerts, fairs and markets, coffee mornings, cream tea afternoons and various other fundraising events! 

About the Church

The present building dates from the 13th century after the then Bishop of Bath retrieved it from the Abbot of Mont St. Michel in Normandy. (Martock’s Church, lands and tithes were given to him by William the Conqueror after the Battle of Hastings.) Since then the church has been constantly cared for, enlarged, and served by its parishioners.

The tower, originally placed at the central crossing, was moved for reasons of safety to its present position at the west end of the nave. A shield in the vestry still records that of the magnificent “angel” roof completed in 1513.  Losses from the heraldic glass and removal of statues in the clerestory, thanks to Cromwell’s snipers being billeted in the church in July 1645 ahead of the battle of Bridgewater; and the beautiful rood screen and loft sold in the 18th century to pay for much-needed repairs. All Saints’ has a uniquely complete depiction of all twelve apostles in the clerestory niches.

The church was restored by Benjamin Ferrey, who was architect to the Diocese of Bath and Wells from 1841 until his death, and also in 1883–84 by Ewan Christian when a new pulpit was installed. The interior includes a stucco plaster altar and an organ which was previously in Wells Cathedral.

Our Vicar is the Revd Paul Fillery available on 01935 826113 or by email: [email protected].

The church office should be contacted initially for any pastoral matters such as wedding or baptism enquiries. Our administrator, Lydia, can be spoken with on Wednesdays and Fridays on 01935 826113 or she can be emailed at: [email protected]. The office has a voicemail facility. 

We have trained, DBS checked pastoral visitors who can visit those who would appreciate contact or who are lonely, frail or unwell at home or in hospital. They also take home communions to those unable to get to church. Please contact the benefice office if you would like a visit yourself or on behalf of someone else with their agreement.