Scouting - Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
Scouts are young people aged 6 to 14 years who want to:
- Have a go and try something new!
- Learn by doing! Have fun and make new friends!
- Go camping, hiking and kayaking!
- Go on adventures and explore the world around them!
- Become self-reliant and confident!
- Help others and make a difference!
- Gain new skills for life!
Scout weekly meetings are held at St Matthew’s Church Hall. The Scout sections are split into 3 age groups:
- Beavers (age 6-8 years) Wednesday evening
- Cubs (age 8-10.5 years) Wednesday evening
- Scouts (age 10.5-14 years) Friday evening
There is also an Explorer Scouts section for 14-18 year olds for the Burnley and Pendle district. This meets weekly on a Friday night in Fence.
Please note during the Covid-19 pandemic, meetings may be subject to change or take place online.
We welcome young people of any religion or faith, as well as those with none. So come and join in the adventure. If you want to volunteer in any of our sections to support our young people, please get in touch.
Click on the attached leaflet for more information or to find out how to join Beavers, Cubs or Scouts, or to enquire about volunteering opportunities. You can also visit our website at https://www.smwhtsg.org.uk/
We look forward to you joining in our adventures and developing new skills in Scouting.