Spiritual Nurture and Development 1
A simple Examination of the Conscience at the end of the day
To get us going, I suggest this very simple form I use with those of 7 or 8 years and up. We can build up depth from here, but first we have to get used to what it's like to be comfy and reflect
At the end of your day, find a comfortable place, and remind yourself that God is there with you.
• Now look back over your day. Were you at home? Were you at school? Were you somewhere else?
• What made you happy today? Did somebody say or do something that made you feel good? Someone in your family, a friend, a teacher or someone else? Did you say or do anything that made you feel good? Was there something that you really enjoyed? Whatever made you feel happy today, thank God for those things now.
• Did anything make you sad today? Maybe something that happened, or that someone said or did? Did you do something that made you feel unhappy? Maybe there is something you want to say sorry for? Whatever made you feel sad or unhappy today, remember that you are precious to God and that nothing ever changes that.
• Now think about your day tomorrow. Is there anything you would like to ask God to help you with, or anything you are worried about, or anything that you need? Talk to God about it now and ask God to be with you through your day.
• Say a favourite prayer. Stay still before you move from this comfy spot.